Last Edited on September 27, 2018
What personal information does the website collect?
When submitting a form or registering for an event on our site, as applicable, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other details. When you voluntarily provide us with information about yourself, you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure, and storage of the personal information you provide. This information may be stored with our third-party vendors (example: MailChimp) so that we may utilize their services.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, or enter information on our site.
For example, if you sign up for our newsletter, we will create an email list through our third-party email management vendors and send you our newsletter. The information collected for this purpose may include your email address and your name. You can stop receiving our email newsletters by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email (usually at the bottom of each email). You will not receive spam from us by signing up for our email newsletter.
How do we use personal information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize the content we display for you;
- To improve our website and communications;
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries);
- To improve our customer service;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature and/or;
- To ask for feedback on our website content.
How do we protect personal information?
Each time a payment or other transaction is required, we use an external PCI-compliant payment gateway to handle sensitive information like credit card numbers, and billing information. We do not store or handle any payment information on our website. Because our website does not handle payment information, we do not use vulnerability scanning to PCI standards. However, we regularly use malware scanning software on our website to identify malicious code.
We use a variety of security measures when a website user submits or accesses their information. Personal information is only stored on secure networks with a limited number of users who are required to keep such information confidential. Personal information is also encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Further, all payments and transactions are processed through a PCI-compliant gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our web servers.
This service utilizes cookies to collect anonymous data about visitors to our website. Cookies are small files that, if you give permission, our website sends to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that allow our web service to recognize your web browser and capture and remember certain information. While cookies from our website may collect information about the browser you use or the device you use to reach our website, the cookies do not collect or store personally identifiable information.
Information collected by cookies may include:
- Internet domain through which you accessed the Website;
- Type of web browser and operating system you use;
- Date and time you accessed the website;
- Pages viewed on our website; and/or
- How often you visit the website.
Cookies help us do the following:
- Remember user preferences and shopping cart contents;
- Track advertisements; and
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We have implemented the following applications:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) to compile data regarding user interactions with functions as they relate to our website. This website may also allow third-party behavioral tracking.
How Long We Retain Your Data
- Google Analytics data is collected and stored for a period 14 months.
- ChamberMaster data is collected and stored for as long as you are a Chamber member.
- Contact Form and Membership Form application information is retained on the server for a period of 6 months. See the note above about the retention of non-personal data collected in these forms.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not sell or trade personal information to third parties, except for our website hosting / operational partners and other parties who assist us in serving our users, as long as these other parties have agreed to keep the information confidential. We may also release information when lawful and by a court order.
However, non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
This website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites and we encourage you to be aware that when you leave our website, you should read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
150A Public Square
Batesville, MS 38606